About Us

loren miller

History of Loren Miller

Loren Miller held its dedication ceremonies on October 25, 1970, making its official entry into the family of schools serving the community.

The school first opened on March 2, 1970 and served the educational needs of 1300 children.  It staff of over 50, included teachers and volunteers, are dedicated to working with children to assure them the best educational opportunities possible.

The school grew into reality with the assistance and guidance of a group of citizens who with their interest in the community and the school worked to better both.  One of their primary interests was the name of the school, after the late Loren Miller, Judge and civil rights champion.